Mrs Ibe, Geraldine Ogechukwu
Areas of research interest: Study of forest food species in the tropics, savannah and mangrove forests.
Home Institution Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria
Host Institution University for Development Studies, Ghana
Areas of research interest:
- Study of forest food species in the tropics, savannah and mangrove forests.
- Conservation of Ecological forests.
- Conservation of endangered indigenous edible non timber forest species.
- Nutritional values of forest food species.
- Assessment of exotic forest food species.
- Incorporation of Agriculture and Forestry using high technological methods.
- Propagation methods of endangered indigenous forest food species for conservation and sustainability purposes.
Summary of research
This research work ‘impact of climate change on contribution of non-timber forest food (NTFF) products to the poverty and food security of rural forest farmers in Abia state, Nigeria’, will be of great influence to the policy and/or practice of climate change mitigation efforts in Abia State of Nigeria in particular and in forest ecologies of West Africa more broadly in several ways. The study will identify the key impacts of climate variability on the poverty and food security of rural forest farmers and in the rural economy of target communities in the study.