Medical & Health Sciences
Prof. Elmazar obtained his B Pharm in 1970 and M Pharm (Pharmacology) in 1973 from Cairo University, and his PhD (Pharmacology) in 1978 from Guy’s Hospital Medical School, London University.
Elmazar was a Professor and Chairman of Pharmacology Department, Mansoura University (1989), vice Dean (2001) & Dean (2003) of Faculty of Pharmacy, Helwan University, Founding Dean of Faculty of Pharmacy, Ahram Canadian University (2005, & 2007 to 2012), Founding Director of the Centre for Community & Consulting Services at BUE (2006).
Prof. Elmazar is a member of several national & international scientific societies, he is also:
- U.S. Citizen Ambassador Program (Birth Defects), Washington.
- An Alexander von Humboldt Fellow
- Fellow of The Egyptian Academy of Sciences, FEAS (2010)
- Fellow of The African Academy of Sciences, FAAS (2018)
- Member of Medical & Nutritional Council, Academy of Scientific Research & Technology - Ministry of Scientific Research June 2010 – Dec. 2015.
- Member of Drug Research Council, Academy of Scientific Research & Technology - Ministry of Scientific Research Jan. 2016 – to date. - Advisor to the Industrial Modernization Center (IMC) – Ministry of Industry and Foreign Trade 2006- to date.
- Member of Drug Technical committee from 2011 to 2014, Pharmacology from 2008 to 2015, Bioequivalence, and Non-Reference Drugs Committees, Central Administration for Pharmaceutical Affairs, Ministry of Health & Population, Oct 2011 – to date.
- A Leading Scientist of the 57 member states of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC).
Editor and reviewer of several national & international scientific journals. Prof. Elmazar also has six international Patents.
Major research interests are in reproductive toxicology especially teratology (anticonvalsants, retinoids, foods like potatoes as well as on the mechanism of teratogenicity of caffeine).
Publications: 178 (As per Scopus, 81 International Publications, h-index 21, total citation 1302, cumulative IF 218).